Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Homestead update

 My windows have finally arrived, after months of looking for someone to make them for me I finally found a firm by the name of Brother's workshop to do them. They were delivered on last Saturday!
Sash window with jalousies
 Of course there was bad weather approaching. Luckily I had some temporary shutters built to keep the rain out on the windward side.
 They are made out of cedar wood and replicate the plantation style shutter windows.  I am quite pleased with Brother's workshop located in Grazettes Industrial park.

 We managed to install two and will finish installing the rest later in the week after the bad weather has passed. After they have been screwed into place the walls will be plastered to seal them in.
Light fixtures are installed
The ceiling fans are up  with one more to be installed whenever it gets here.
 Today we were expecting tropical storm Chantal. She passed the island with only occasional showers and headed up the island chain. My friend in Martinique said that the storm was not very strong and all is well there. I was very happy to hear that.
My window hoods have been repainted and are now awaiting installation.
Baby Sandy has now been accepted by the pack and is now sleeping indoors with them.  The first night he kept such a racket that he pushed the baby gate down and went to sleep under the bed where we are camping downstairs at the moment. He sleeps through the night without a squeak coming from him. All I am thinking about in bed  is how much cleaning I might have to do when I wake up or what will I be stepping in. He has been pretty good so far and I have been taking him out last thing at night and first thing in the morning.  I can't wait until the bedrooms upstairs are completed. That will take another two to three months or so.  Meanwhile during the day I am kept  busy mopping up puddles and scooping up his poop. I have placed newspaper in areas on the floor  and he has been doing it there when he can't make it outside. I am convinced he is a poop and pee pee factory. I might have to get him some diapers LOL

1 comment:

  1. The windows look GREAT!!!
    Now to have them installed and get the house back to normal.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel....you're almost there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.